Monday, May 16, 2011

What's for dinner?

I am a firm believer that children need to be taught self reliance.  That and I want them to be able to take really good care of me when I am old.  I thought it was time to put Todd through cooking lessons.  We made Taco Salad, which is a family favorite.  He was really excited and nervous.  I did all the cutting with my ninja knife since that is for the advanced course.  Todd did a great job of cooking the meat.  He learned how to rinse the meat and what a strainer is.  I think one of the most important things he learned is the effort and work that goes into preparing a meal for the family.  Before long, I will be asking Todd, "What's for dinner?"

3 comments:

CourtneyB said...

That is AWESOME! It's such an important skill - now he can live on something besides Ramen noodles at college! (:

Anonymous said...

A real man can cook. Good job todd.

Donelle said...

What a great mom!! Todd is going to be an amazing cook and be taking over dinners in no time.