Sunday, May 29, 2011

Storms and Bites

Last Tuesday was an eventful day.  We had Todd's last day of archery.  It was located at an archery club near the lake.  Reagan played with sticks and climbed on wooden benches.  It started raining on us but not bad enough to leave.  This was the beginning of the storms that came through that night. 

Layton was on the mend from the croup.  He hadn't had any fever that day.  We left the archery club and headed home.  An hour or so the storms came through leaving lots of hail behind. 

there was baby hail and golf ball sized hail
The kids weren't able to fall asleep due to the storms. They could sense our worry.  Finally, around 8:30, I told Reagan to come and sit in the living room with me.  She decided it was the perfect time to work on homework.  Awesome.  We sat down and started going over the alphabet when I noticed her hand.  It was huge.  Something had bit her. 




I tried calling Care Now but they had no electricity due to the storm.  I finally just decided to give her benedryl and watch it.  We woke up the next morning and the swelling wasn't gone and now her hand had red streaks.  I took her to the doctor.  He gave her strong antibiotics.  The next day the swelling was gone and the redness was gone but now she had fever.  She had fever almost all day.  The next day was Todd's birthday.  Between trying to make sure he had a special day and dealing with a really sick Reagan, I was exhausted.  By the third day the fever was gone.  I can't tell you how worried I was about her.  I prayed over her for three days.  Thankfully, she is fully recovered and you would never notice that she had a bite there at all.   


No comments: