Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Counting My Blessings ~ Tales of 1st Grade


I treasure my conversations with Todd.  I count it a blessing to be there to pick Todd up from school everyday.  I can't wait to ask him how his day went.  Some of the "happenings" that go down in first grade leave me wanting to know more.  He told me how some girl tried to kiss him today.  She said, "Come here smootchie."  He said he ran away fast.  I asked him what he would do if a girl kissed him.  He said, "I would go tell the teacher for goodness sake!"  Girls you have been warned.  Don't try to kiss Todd.  He told me how the suck the honey off the plants outside during recess.  Sometimes, they dig up dinosaur bones.  They have bosses too.  He is only the second boss.  The bosses get to tell everybody how much to dig.  Othertimes, they look for clues.  They are so close to solving one of their BIG cases.  One of the girls in his class is the boss of all the girls.  He said they got into an argument today because she was trying to boss around one of his friends.  He said, "I told her he IS doing it right."  First grade sounds intimidating.

No comments: