Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Grocery Cart

I was at Wal*Mart and had just finished loading everything into the van. I was wondering how I ended up with all this stuff. I started looking around for the cart return. Like magic, this older gentleman asked me if I wanted to give him my cart and he would return his and mine. I was so taken back by his kind gesture that I may not have said anything for a few seconds. I hesitated to let him do it but I thought this kind man is a gentleman and he is offering. I sat there thinking about how manners and acts of kindness are so absent from our society today. I am grateful for that kind gentleman and his gesture. I am sure he thought nothing of it.

5 comments:

Sharla said...

It's amazing how stressful it can be to just return a grocery cart (especially at walmart!). What a great gentleman! I'm glad that you received some service in your time of need :). I must say that I think the people in texas have been more friendly and kind than I had experienced in phx. Funny :)

randivon said...

Oh my heck... the same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was loading my two kids and this younger guy with one kid that was parked next to me offered to take my cart back for me because "it looked like I had my hands full". I actually called my mom on the way home to tell her about it because it struck me as so out of the normal and so great!

MammaMelgar said...

This same thing happened to me last night. I was loading potting soil and groceries in the car while looking around for a cart return and I could not see one anywhere. An older gentleman came around the corner of the building and offered to take it for me.

Donelle said...

That's awesome. So glad that there are still acts of random kindness out there!

Amy said...

Hey! I hope you don't mind me clicking over from Michelle's blog. We met years ago at her house in Woodland Springs. I just had to comment (and not be a lurker)...you have a beautiful family & I love your stories on your blog (heartfelt & sweet).

I loved this entry by the way.